ONE FREE PLACE per organisation is available on this Stronger Together course for relevant RRT sponsors’ suppliers and ALP members. See ‘How to book’ at the bottom of this page for further information on claiming your free place.
This interactive 1-day workshop is for warehouse owners, operators, or labour providers into warehousing, to understand and manage the risk labour exploitation occurring in UK warehousing labour supply chains and operations
It will help delegates understand how unethical recruitment practices and a lack of due diligence within the labour supply chain, can lead to exploitative labour practices prevailing within a warehousing workforce. It looks at how the worst forms of labour exploitation (modern slavery) can occur in the sector, what a businesses’ responsibility is to prevent it and protect workers, and how they should respond if identified. It also includes guidance on appropriate management of outsourced services to contractors, such as cleaning, catering, security and maintenance, where the risk is labour exploitation is equally significant.
Forced labour and labour trafficking are hidden crimes undertaken by exploitative individuals and criminal gangs. Detected cases within the UK warehousing sector are escalating. Many businesses are not aware that this exploitation may be taking place within their operations and supply chains today, are unaware of their responsibilities and the risks the issues can pose to the business and workforce.
Developed with support from industry experts in warehousing and labour provision, this workshop will ensure you are informed and equipped to implement responsible recruitment practices, address labour exploitation and ensure fair work for all workers in warehousing operations.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Understand how labour exploitation can occur in the labour supply chains of the warehousing sector, in addition to how unfair work and exploitation may materialise in a warehouse setting
- Understand the overall potential risks, impacts and the business case for preventing it
- Know how to spot that someone may be being exploited and how to respond
- Be confident in your next steps to deter, detect and deal with the risk of labour exploitation in your business
- Become familiar with a 6-step strategic framework and associated practical actions which can be embedded in your business to address the risk of labour exploitation
- Have the tools you need to implement what you’ve learnt.
This workshop is ideal for:
- Warehouse Operations Managers or Supervisors
- Warehouse HR Managers or other HR colleagues
- Labour Providers or Warehousing colleagues responsible for human rights, modern slavery, risk and compliance
- Those responsible for addressing human rights risks across the whole supply chain.
This workshop is available online on the date above, but can be delivered in-person for your business only on request – just get in touch.
It is delivered by experienced trainers with industry knowledge and experience, who use breakout rooms, activities and a number of interactive tools to ensure the online experience is engaging throughout.
- This workshop runs 9:30am – 3:00pm
There is one free delegate place per organisation on open workshops for first tier suppliers of warehouse management services to sponsors of the Consumer Goods and Responsible Recruitment Toolkit Programmes. Nb: This is one free place per organisation, not per workshop/per site, and free places renew every 3 years.
- Discounted places available at £140 (+VAT) per delegate for additional colleagues of organisations who meet the criteria for a free place.
- For all other places: £195 (+ VAT) per delegate
How to book:
If you are eligible for a free or discounted delegate place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your request to book this workshop. Please provide your name, your organisation, the name of the workshop you would like to attend and contact information. Stronger Together will verify your eligibility and provide further booking instructions.
For all other places, select your date from the list above and book your workshop online.